Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chandler has been with me over two years now. He doesn't do well at adoption events but everyone who comes to my house falls in love with him. My friends made a video of Chandler playing in my living room.

He has such a gentle heart. He was my blind kitties best buddy after Laverne's blind sister got adopted. Send prayers his way for his forever home to arrive! Enjoy

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
What a wonderful, healthy, playful cat. I do hope he finds his forever home soon.

(Do you suppose Chandler's so happy where he is that he telepathically sends prospective adopters away? :p )

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Awwwww, a big orange boy! I'm never going to be able to have one, but I sure do love them!

In the words of another Chandler, he's probably thinking, "I am SO never going to leave this great house!" :grin:

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
What a handsome playful boy he is! It is surprising that nobody has taken him yet. You are very good at making videos. I've never gotten past the press go to film and press stop when you're done phase.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
He's adorable! I'd take him too, if I didn't already have three (getting a fourth would probably cause my boyfriend to explode...true story). I wish you and Chandler the bestest of luck with finding a new mommy or daddy for him.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Such a cute boy. As Marie said, in the words of another Chandler, "How many cameras were on you?" :)

I don't know if this is true of other people or not, but in the few times I've been looking for a cat and saw one that was being fostered, I would skip it and continue looking among the ones in a shelter, in the dreaded cage. I know both cats are in need of adoption, but it just seems more dire to get a cat out of a cage, like I'd be so drastically improving his lot in life, compared to the kitty who's already living in a home, however temporarily. It seems like more of a rescue. Maybe you could conveniently leave out the fact that Chandler is being fostered?

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
...in the words of another Chandler, "How many cameras were on you?"
One of my all-time favorites! :grin:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I was fostering Nebbie, who's so sweet at home. But when she went to Petco and was put in a cage...with all the new noise, smell, people mulling about, etc. she got freaked out. She would huddle in whichever corner seemed further from any commotion and hiss and growl at anybody even near her cage.
Of course, this made most people think she was ALWAYS cranky, even after I tried to explain that she was just scared in an unfamiliar environment. Plus, she's black and an adult, so that didn't help much, either.
After 2 years, the director of the rescue group just told me to keep her (no adoption fee, I figure my service was payment!). While she's a nice cat, not really one I would have chosen as my own pet... and now I can't foster anymore, because she got me at my limit. But at least there's one less homeless cat in the world!

We have a sanctuary which has about 60 (give or take a few) cats. Some of them have been there for 3 years. Obviously, we can't bring 60 cats to adoption days at Petco, but we do try to rotate them...and we have them on Petfinder, too. The good thing is that they are "free roaming" at the shelter, with toys and beds and stuff, not stuck in cages (unless they're in the infirmary). Still, it would be nice to have them all adopted. (then I wouldn't have to drive 20 miles each way in bad weather to go care for them!)

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a handsome playful boy he is! It is surprising that nobody has taken him yet. You are very good at making videos. I've never gotten past the press go to film and press stop when you're done phase.
I cant take credit for the video. My friend made it on his Mac computer while I was away in North Carolina! It would be easy to keep Chandler. He is such a great cat. But I dont keep the great ones. Im more inclined to keep the ones that have little chance of ever getting adopted.

I have a black long haired kitty Ace who I know will be with me forever. He has become painfully shy and rarely comes out if anyone is at my house. I always fall in love with the "underdogs" or maybe we shold say undercats!

Thanks for everyones prayers and good energy coming his way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts