Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
I'm so glad this story had a good ending. There were a lot of braves souls involved in this rescue mission, including the Captain. :D

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
What an amazing story! I have been following it and watched a news conference on CNN this afternoon. The captain offered himself as a hostage to save his crew, the crew managed to retake the ship, and then the hostage negotiators and Navy Seals who made the rescue possible...there are too many heroes to count. All incredibly brave people!!

I just hope and pray that all the other hostages (around 200 8O ) held by Somali pirates are not harmed in retaliation for the pirates who were killed.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Thank goodness for happy endings! What a couragious man!

I just hope and pray that all the other hostages (around 200 ) held by Somali pirates are not harmed in retaliation for the pirates who were killed.
I thought the same thing!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
The thought I keep having is -- when is the movie coming out? I'm trying to figure out who would be in the role of Captain Phillips. Maybe Tom Hanks.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would make a great movie. I hope he gets a good book deal and makes lots of money.

I think Captain Phillips and Captain Sully (Hero on the Hudson pilot) need to sit down and have a drink together. They are both true heroes.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Right! First we had Sully, now Phillips, and just this morning I read that a passenger had to land a flight today because the pilot died when they reached 10,000 feet. Sign that guy up too.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I heard an interesting result of a poll taken this morning on MSNBC, on the Joe Scarborough, "Morning Joe" program. Guess what? A full 70% of respondents were against the shooting & killing of the 3 pirates!

That really surprised me, to say the least. I mean, paying a ransom was totally out of the question as it would have set a precident for holding any American hostage for $$$. The pirates threatened to kill the captain rather than give him up. So, what were the alternatives for getting the captain out alive then? Were we to sacrifice him to prevent the killing of the perps?

It was a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned :dis .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts