Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question lol i posted about the two Sphynxes i will be getting, anyways the obese male i mentioned has another issue..he gets car sick very easily. what is the best way to make him as comfy as possible and maybe not as sick? the lady told me if hes in a bigger cage with a litter box in it while we are driving he will do better and try to get sick in the litter box and not on the floor of the cage. so i will be getting a bigger cage for the travel, which will be a 2 1/2 hour drive..but what else can i do? ive never had a cat that didnt like traveling in the car :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
Do not feed for at least 18 hrs before traveling. I have 1 guy that gets carsick immediately after we start out. I line his carrier with several layers of towels & roll them forward & out after he empties his system. Then seal the soiled towels in an empty litter bucket. I use babywipes to clean him off & then he is free to park on my lap for the rest of the trip. He is the only one of the 6 that gets carsick but all our trips are usually much longer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts