Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is proberly a common problem
but my cat hates travelling when eva i put him in the car "weather or not its in his transfer home thing " he meows crazy and is very very difficult he scratches and bites his home to try and get out and when he's out he just goes crazy moving everywhere getting everywhere clinging on to things

whats a way to get my kitten used to this? or to improve it in someway

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Have you tried using a cat carrier? Some cats are calmer when they don't see everything thats going on

·
Registered
454 Posts
I certainly don't speak with authority here; it's more from the gut than anything else. But, have you considered taking him out to the car, with just you and he sitting there without going anywhere, with plenty of interaction with you. Then when he got to where he was comfortable with that, you could start the car and let the engine run until he was comfortable with that. Once he was comfortable with all that , perhaps you could drive around a bit. Maybe with just a little at a time the unfamilar and scary territory would become more comforatable. Of course I don't mean just one session, but drawn out over several days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts