Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Soft carriers are great! Whenever you need to take kitty somewhere you just zipper 'im in and tote 'im along!

Careful though! Clever kittys can figure out how to work the zippers!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I ended up getting this except in black which was all they had. It will be full of white cat hair! I put it and the old one which 1 cat can actually still fit in on the floor and they've been playing in them. I haven't tried to put them both in yet. I need to take them to the vet, soon.

soft sided kennels | Petmate

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Looks great, lots of room. Let us know how the vet trip goes, with 2 kitties inside.

The fact that they are playing in it is definitely a good sign. :) Crossing fingers that the vet visit also works well for you all.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was following this thread. I bought a soft carrier for Crisco with mesh on the top and sides. He clawed at it so hard he managed to seperate the inside lining at the seam. I am so afraid he will be able to get out if he continues to scratch and claw at it. The one with the solid top looks better to me for Crisco than the one with mesh on top. I might even get a hard sided carrier even though they are a little heavier. I was considering this one, but I am afraid of the mesh on the sides. Have any of you seen the cat bag? Cat-In-The-Bag - The Best Cat Carrier!
It came up when I was searching. It looks a little strange to tie a bag around your cat's neck

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Looks interesting, but I don't know how I'd be able to get both cats in it, :lol:

Wouldn't the vet need to look/palpate/auscultate the heart and the rest of the cat's body though? I would hate having to struggle with my cats getting that thing put on...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks great, lots of room. Let us know how the vet trip goes, with 2 kitties inside.

The fact that they are playing in it is definitely a good sign. :) Crossing fingers that the vet visit also works well for you all.
Thanks!

Yes, viapinta, I saw that bag too. It intrigues me. I might order one. If nothing else maybe I could do nails. Actually my daughter helped me do Lily the other day. We laid her down on a towel on the counter as the vet said they did it and it worked ok so that was nice!

I'm planning to get this if I have issues with the soft one. It's a little big.

2-door kennel | Petmate

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks interesting, but I don't know how I'd be able to get both cats in it, :lol:

Wouldn't the vet need to look/palpate/auscultate the heart and the rest of the cat's body though? I would hate having to struggle with my cats getting that thing put on...
The bag unzips at the bottom so in the video they keep the cat in it and just unzip the bottom, as he vet exams the cat.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Ah, I watched it just now, my bad.

If you get it, I'd be interested in how it goes with Crisco the Clawing Cat! I've a feeling Maya would freak out a bit...

·
Registered
318 Posts
LOL I just might try it just to see if it works. There is a money back guarantee on it :)

Crisco is fine in the
carrier if I am carrying him. He just sits and stares out BUT if he is in the carrier and its in a moving vehicle or plane watch out.. He turns into a tasmanian devil. He claws and scratches and tries with all him might to push his head through the top mesh! All I can say is it was not fun on a 6 hour trip back from picking him up from the breeder. We were both so stressed between the car and plane ride. Not fun!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Vlapinta,
There are soft carriers made that have zip down, solid material, privacy barriers/curtains...
These can work well for a cat, that panics, and is trying to escape!
Just a thought!
Sharon

·
Registered
318 Posts
Vlapinta,
There are soft carriers made that have zip down, solid material, privacy barriers/curtains...
These can work well for a cat, that panics, and is trying to escape!
Just a thought!
Sharon
That's a great idea. I haven't seen these tho. The ones I saw still had mesh on the inside and I am afraid Crisco would scratch through the mesh.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
He could, but at least, you'd have some extra security, for escape proofing!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Well...someone else here recommended the sleepypod carrier a while back. It's triple the function: a cat bed, a carrier, and car seat for the kitties. They have it in medium or mini, and also has ones that are airline approved, which are lower profiles and look great. The main downside is the price. I don't want to pay for a carrier that costs that much money, but the other thing is size, not sure two cats can fit comfortably in there, even in their medium size. Anyone knows?

Sleepypod® | The safest pet company | Dog Carriers | Cat Carriers | Dog Harnesses

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well...someone else here recommended the sleepypod carrier a while back. It's triple the function: a cat bed, a carrier, and car seat for the kitties. They have it in medium or mini, and also has ones that are airline approved, which are lower profiles and look great. The main downside is the price. I don't want to pay for a carrier that costs that much money, but the other thing is size, not sure two cats can fit comfortably in there, even in their medium size. Anyone knows?

Sleepypod® | The safest pet company | Dog Carriers | Cat Carriers | Dog Harnesses
This looks great, but wow that is expensive! I bought this one and Crisco clawed the whole inside of it near the mesh. I don't feel secure keeping him in it and fear he will just claw his way out! Amazon.com : OxGord® Pet Carrier Soft Sided Cat / Dog Comfort "FAA Airline Approved" Travel Tote Bag - 2015 Newly Designed, Large, Mineral Blue : Cat Carrier : Pet Supplies

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.