Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was sent to me by one of our members, Piddles (Debra) who has had some health problems and I'm sure would appreciate your prayers. I've had it for a long time, because I wanted to share it with as many people as I could. I think it's special.

Carved in Stone

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some
point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one
in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything,
wrote in the sand:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE."
They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a
bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning,
but the friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on
a stone:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE."

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt
you, you wrote in the sand and now you write on a stone. Why?"

The other friend replied:

"When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of
forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we
must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them,
a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them. It's a short message
to let them know that you'll never forget them.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Friendship is a wonderful thing to share. I hope everybody has a best friend (in the true sense of the word) because it is soothing to have someone to understand you (which a lot of times means just as much as saving your life)

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's a really nice story type of thing. I wish Debra the best and hope she has a long, healthy, happy life. :) The 'Carved in stone' reminded me of my best friend. Several months back we had a missunderstanding and we hadn't spoken for many months until just the other day. We've both talked a little and are trying to patch it over. I sent it to her because I thought it would be a great thing to share. Everyone needs someone and needs to know people care about you. (if you reads this) Debra, always remember you are loved an that people out there care for you and are wishing you a speedy recovery and the best life one could have! :D Thank you for sharing that with us, Jeanie, I really appriciated it. :)

- Randy

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thankyou for the story, Jeanie. Friendship is something we often take for granted, but is very special. I can't say enough nice things about my friends - they are very important to me.
And best wishes to Debra. :)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Debra, the best of luck to you. That was really a beautiful saying, I must say that friends are so important and its great if you have a best friend whom you can share everything with, thick and thin :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts