Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor college student... cant afford vet bills ALL THE TIME.

Have a 16 yr old Maine Coon. She recently had blood work done and I was told she is in PERFECT health. But we brought a kitten home who had fleas and shortly thereafter left my family because we couldnt handle a baby as well as my 16 yr old (Pookie).

Well, a few weeks later, here I am with a flea infestation and we're bombing tomorrow and using meds on her tomorrow with approval from the vet. But I was wondering about her behavior.

She's been sleeping on a pillow on our bed and she only gets up to potty or eat. she runs like the ground is lava and she has to get back to her pillow as quickly as possible. She's never had fleas before so... I dunno if this is what is causing her behavior but... she has also lost 1.8 lbs since her last vet visit. that's a lot for an 11 lb cat isn't it? Well, HELP! I need to know if she is gonna be ok. I checked for worms, dont see any. i dont think shes anemic, her tongue/nose aren't pale. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Welcome, but I'm afraid we may not be much help. I think, I'd wait until after the bombing and flea-treatment to see if there is any improvement before I'd take her to the vet...though losing more than a pound is a significant weight loss for such a small animal and that could be a very serious concern.
Is she eating much less because she will not leave the bed? Can you try putting her food/water up on the bed with her (temporarily) until the flea problem is under control to see if that helps increase her intake?
Is the flea product for her a spot-on product? I have had great results with Advantage and Revolution.
Best of luck,
heidi =^..^=

1 - 2 of 2 Posts