Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone !
well my cat mishka has been having flees for about a month now , i tried all possible ways to get rid of them but no hope !!
until i got introduced to frontline plus which i ordered last week from the net and its on its way now ..
the poor kitty now has tons of hard zits under her chin becoz of flea i suspect ... and i noticed that under her chin it was a little bit swollen ..
so i decided to give her a bath with that flea shampoo until the frontline arrives .
i did so as written on the pack ... also applied some on her neck , chin and on the sides of the face , and saw lots of fleas coming off her , but not all !
anyways today ...i found out her whole face is pretty much swollen ... she looks totally different now .
nothing else is swollen or red on her body ... nothing is changed . except that her neck , under the chin and her face is swollen , even though i gave her a whole body bath !!!

so could that be becoz of the fleas ? or just an allergy of the shampoo ??
and could that be dangerous ? what can i do to help my poor kitty !?

cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,235 Posts
You may of irritated the Feline Acne that Rob mentioned. My cat Twinkie had it and the only thing I was supposed to put on there was medicated shampoo and internal antibiotics. It may be a good idea to watch over it and get her to a vet if things get worse. Good luck :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
don't use flea shampoo

Just my opinion. Don't use flea shampoo on your pets. Treat their fleas with either Frontline or Advantage topical. The pesticide in shampoo penetrates the skin. My vet has quit using flea shampoo and dips and tells his clients to use topical flea treatments as they are safer. I had stopped using flea shampoo's and dips many years ago after my girlfriend told me that she was poisoned by the flea shampoo after bathing her dog in the shower and she was standing in the tub with the dog. She went to the hospital and the doctor told her the pesticide in the shampoo had gone into her skin. Well, I figured if it can poison a human it surely must be poisoning my animals. So I stopped using it.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top