Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My cat (Myjoey, 1 year 3 month old) was vaccinated exactly two weeks ago.
However, two days ago, her body felt slightly warmer than usual. She appeared tired and is not interested in chasing her toy which she used to chase excitedly. She's still eating normally (finishing her canned food) but ate less of her dry food. Still love her treats and will perform tricks for them. The only difference is she is no longer chasing her toy (flapping butterfly on a 'fishing rod') as enthusiastically as she used to be. I wonder what's wrong.. :?:

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
It's not likely that she's having a reaction to the vaccine two weeks later. Sometimes they just have an off day. Continue to monitor her and if she stops eating, is having trouble in the litter box, or develops a fever or vomiting then a vet visit is necessary.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I agree with doodlebug...your cat is not likely to have a negative reaction to a vaccine two weeks after the fact. Muffin had a negative reaction to her first rabies shot, but that was immediately after and lasted for the next two days. Perhaps your cat is just bored with the butterfly toy. I find my two sometimes get bored of toys they once enjoyed playing with. So I tend to rotate the toys we play with...except Da Bird...they never tire of it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i brought her to the vet after posting the first message.
Doc checked and found that she had a 40 degree Celcius fever. Gave her two injections immediately and is now on antibiotics. Not sure what's the reason though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts