Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 cats have a tentative relationship most of the time with the odd moments of affection but generally they're ok. Flo is 20 months female and spayed. Bumble is 8 months, female and unspayed but is a house cat and has never come into heat yet. Flo has now decided she's **** bent on attacking bumble who is obviously a lot smaller and will not fight back. I don't know what to do as I thought it was just when Bumble went into my bedroom where Flo sleeps but yesterday Flo actually sought her out to attack her when Bumble was asleep on the sofa. I don't know what could cause this change in behaviour so suddenly. Nothing new has come into the house, I've never had a cat react like this if the other has come into heat. They are being kept apart until i can find out why this is happening. Please help. poor Bumble is so stressed and doesn't understand what's going on. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,657 Posts
I'm afraid the #1 recommendation you're going to get is to get your poor girl fixed. It's better for her for so many reasons.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree. I think Bumble is coming into heat and Flo is reacting. I'd get her fixed ASAP. We can't smell the change in pheromones that heralds a heat cycle but other kitty's sure can. GL B

·
Super Moderator
26,657 Posts
I thought Bumble was going to be spayed a couple months ago...

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Bumble was coming into heat, that's why she was being attacked. Some females can have "silent heats" and don't exhibit the usual symptoms such as rolling on the floor or spraying urine. Has Bumble been spayed yet? You'll have to do a slow re-introduction after her recovery from surgery. Keep them separated until Bumble is fully recovered from it. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
agreed with all the above. Bumble was having a silent heat, which is upsetting your other cat. Best thing to do is get her spayed and then reintro after she heals from surgery, remember it can take a bit for the hormones to work out of the body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts