Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luxy had always been Queen in my house so when I brought hom my Boston Terrier puppy she was not very thrilled. She hid for about a week then she finally got the nerve to come down and see us.
Recently she has been stalking my puppy like she is prey! She'll get behind her and pounce. Another thing she likes to do is stare her down until she runs away. How can I stop my kitty form being such a bully?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would think it will take some time for the cat to adjust to a new type of animal. Would you say the pouncing is somewhat playful? Or when she pounces does she scratch/hiss etc...? I would put the animals in the same room w/you...and show the cat it's ok to love and be nice to the puppy....if she attacks or something of that nature, I would just let her know that it is not acceptable for her to attack the puppy. Again, show the cat that it is ok to love and accept the new part of the family :D

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I had the same thought when I read your post, is the cat playing with the puppy or really attacking? Kittens will jump and pounce at each other when they are just playing and having fun. If she is not hissing and growling she might just be playing. Of course, your puppy probably doesn't take it that way! :wink:
Cats all seem to do a lot of staring, just kind of their nature. I bet it does freak out your new puppy though.
Maybe they just need some time to get to know each other. Best of luck to you and your animals! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts