Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this happen to you too that you associate the avatar cat with the person writing the post?

For example, I imagine goldenstar1 as someone slim and delicate like her avatar cat photo. And tigressbythetail as this primadonna looking at us from over her shoulder. Saltenyo is this light-skinned, very serious, wise-eyed person like her cat's avatar photo. Marie is all cute and typing on her laptop on her fluffy, colorful, striped bed blanket.

And so on...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If raecarrow isn't a redhair, then I've been imagining wrong. :)

And Jan Rebecca, you always seem so attentive to what people are writing, what with the pricked ears and slightly tilted forward head in your avatar...

If people change their avatars, I lose the association.

goldenstar1, can you send me a link?

·
Super Moderator
26,801 Posts
Yes. Yes, Sybil, we do.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Avatars and signatures are the only way I recognize who's posting. I even do it to myself.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Me (yes, it's a fancy picture... but I wanted my best one. Maybe I'll put up a "bad" one some time!)
And of course my kitties in my sig!

P.S. Usually my eyes are brown, but I got blue contacts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Paperbacknovel, Yes, we'd love to see "you". :)

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I used to have one of Puss in Boots playing with the pom-pom on his santa hat, but this place no longer allows GIF files for some daft reason....

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup. I'm a redhead! Though it isn't as red as it was when I was younger. It is more auburn now.
See? The avatar association is accurate! LOL

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I totally do this too on every forum I'm on. On another forum, I was using a House avatar for a while, and people told me they kept imagining me as Hugh Laurie. XD

Saltenyo is this light-skinned, very serious, wise-eyed person like her cat's avatar photo.
I actually am very pale! Light-skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. Only occasionally serious though. ;)

It's funny because actually my boyfriend jokes that Athena and I are a lot alike. We are both pale, blue-eyed, small, kind of clumsy and injury-prone, scatterbrained, and fairly quiet.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Here, a challenge for you guys....

Which one is me, and which one is Athena?

Don't feel bad if you can't figure it out. We do look a lot alike! ;)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's an easy one. The one on the right is you, the one on the left is saitenyo the forum member.

LOL

I must admit, though, that I didn't imagine you were so beautiful.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
That's an easy one. The one on the right is you, the one on the left is saitenyo the forum member.

LOL

I must admit, though, that I didn't imagine you were so beautiful.
Aww, thank you. I tried to pick a nice photo...they usually don't turn out that well. Rainy day lighting is the only lighting that works for me.

And nope, clearly the correct answer is, they are both Athena! :)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yup, that was my wedding photo session... I forgot to bring my veil! It had little rhinestones scattered randomly on it.

I was gonna post a picture of me holding a Tiger Musky I caught, but that was right after my haircut (pixie style), and my hair has grown back to nearly "wedding length" again, so I figured it wasn't totally accurate anymore

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
raecarrow, spunky, medium-small, vivid eyes.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts