Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you bathe a cat? I was reading other threads and it seems a regular occurance. My kitty is totallly indoors and only gets a wash if he gets himself into something. That tends to be with a wash cloth (he has his own with his name on it :oops: ) He doesn't smell catty but should I be bathing him regularly? He will come into the shower with me every now and again so is that ok?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure if there is a set "cat bathing schedule" you should go by unless your specific cat has coat/skin needs that need to be met.
I think how often you bathe your cat is going to be an individual thing. It sounds like you have a bathing system down that works well for you.

My older, short haired orange tabby cat very seldom gets a bath, which is good cuz he HATES baths. I tend to just "wipe" him, similarly to what it sounds you do.
My 10 month old doll-faced persian gets an in-the-sink, sopping wet full fledged bath every 3 months or so, cuz his very long (7 inch long) fur tends to get into something about that frequently, plus it removes excess dead hair/oil from his fur. Luckily Windslow doesn't get rattled by baths.
Both of my cats are indoor cats too, by the way.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Its funny this came up, because out of the blue I decided to bathe Addison last night. No real reason, but he hasn't had one for a few months and I figured it wouldn't hurt. He doesn't like it, but won't put up too much of a fight... just cries and cries.

He's so soft now! I mean he was soft before, but now he's just soooo soft and shiny :) I may start doing it more often now. Poor thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts