Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually play little balls with Zoey every night to run her energy out for bed. When my bf is around, we will bounce ball between us in the hallway for Zoey to catch. Two nights ago, I was home alone, I thought I'd get my exercise by play with Zoey (from picking up balls after her). To my surprise, Zoey brought back her ball every single time! and we played for about 30 minutes!! This morning she actually brought the ball to my bf to ask for playtime! :eek:

Since Zoey is my first cat, I was amazed by how much she behaves like dogs! She wags her tail when she is happy, and she follows us around wherever we go... Are most cats like that? Or she is just a unique case?

Shirley

·
Registered
254 Posts
Two of my cats will do that. Dusty will only do it with tinfoil balls and Drizzit with these pom pom balls. It's kind of handy. They haven't done it for a while though.As our dog will grab their ball and run away with it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Awww, that is just adorable. Isn't it funny when you see things that you would associate as "dog behavior"? Throws everything you thought about cats out the window. I love reading these stories, more, more!

Many cats will play fetch, my friend posted a minivideo of her cat doing that, and I've seen others too. Ginza will fetch only twice, then that's enough for him. He likes to carry things around, I've got a pic of him dragging a long stick around.
He will also growl when strangers come to the door, and he drools on my lap when I'm petting him. Adorable! :D

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
We sometimes call Tierney a Cadog. He does all those things.. bring his toys to us, he likes to "burry" my hair ties under the throw rug in the hallway. He's always at the door when we come home, meowing when he hears us come up the steps. When we go to leave he runs into his carrier and uses his claws to "shut" the door, as to say, take me with you. He never hides and is always out and about. He will eat ANYTHING! I don't give it to him, but he will sit and beg. He fallows me EVERYWHERE!!! He is always under my feet. Someday I really do think he is a dog.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ripley plays catch too...she'll carry her little toy mouse or tinfoil ball in her mouth, and if I hold my hands out, she "deposits" the toy in my hands, and I throw it down the hall as hard as I can. She then takes out after it, and repeats the process. Over and over again... :lol:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Jack *is* a dog in a cat's body. He fetches like your cat. He'll go for "runs" with me around the house. He whines when he wants something. He lays on his back with his feet in the air. He pants when he's tired -- tongue hanging out and everything. And recently (yesterday) he began to *bark* at birds. 8O

·
Registered
821 Posts
Maleke plays fetch with little toys I throw for him. He always brings them back, it's so funny! Magic, uh, not that smart....... :wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ta3339 said:
We sometimes call Tierney a Cadog. He does all those things.. bring his toys to us, he likes to "burry" my hair ties under the throw rug in the hallway. He's always at the door when we come home, meowing when he hears us come up the steps. When we go to leave he runs into his carrier and uses his claws to "shut" the door, as to say, take me with you. He never hides and is always out and about. He will eat ANYTHING! I don't give it to him, but he will sit and beg. He fallows me EVERYWHERE!!! He is always under my feet. Someday I really do think he is a dog.
we both have orange tabbies and mine does the opposite of everything you said :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts