Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my one cat for awhile now named Alex. She showed up as a stray and it was love at first sight. She’s pretty particular and is very loving so long as it’s on her terms. This other cat who was 2 at the time, we adopted while in college when I was away from my own cat. His name is Dusty. He was super shy at first but now complains about everything and mostly behaves like a dog trapped in a cats body. Now that introductions are over, my point. Both cats have been together now for maybe a year and a half with no real issues but Dusty follows Alex around everywhere. Not in an aggressive manner just being a weird stalker. If she was sitting in one spot for awhile he stares and eventually lays down near her. Once she gets up he sniffs right where she was. When she’s sleeping in her little house he sticks his paw through the window and gently touches her where she wakes up and hisses at him for messing with her. They get along well aside from Dusty sometimes pushing the limits on how close he can get to her. They never fight either, Alex will just hiss and swipe at him once before moving on. He just always stares and wants to get near her but she is not having it and never reciprocates any of this but when you look that up all that comes up is, “aggression,” and, “dominant behavior” when it doesn’t fit either of those. It is quite obvious that Alex is on top here and she lets him know that. I’m just curious why he does this and fear that he will be lonely when we go out separate ways since technically Dusty is my sisters cat after we took him from our ex roommate who abused him. We never let it get bad but we both knew it’d get bad if we didn’t take him. Thanks for helping out and if anyone has any idea why he does this, it’d be greatly appreciated if you had any advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I figured the situation wouldn’t escalate since it’s been quite some time with no change but I was more curious than anything since it was brought up in conversation the other day and no matter how much I searched I couldn’t find an answer that seemed to fit. Only one similar was that the cat was bonded with another before being separated and so they were trying to bond with the new cat and they weren’t having it. Because of that I was concerned he’d be lonely without another cat around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts