Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my mom's cats is very close to being put down. We adopted Xena from the Humane Society when she was 9 years old. She is about 14 or 15 now. She lost a TON of weight, she poops anywhere but in the litter box and she's having HUGE pees. It's obviously kidney failure or something like that. My mom makes sure she has lots of water, she's on low magnesium food (I think....) but it's just to the point where she doens't want to even really get up anymore to do anything. She is going very deaf and my mom just really thinks it's time.

We adopted Xena while I was still living at home (I think I was about 18...I'm 23 now so that would make sense) and she was just so pretty that it was a spur of the moment thing. She has always been SO affectionate and loving and would never hurt anyone. It's just so sad that she is at the end now, even in her pain she is still just so loving. It's sad that they can't live as long as us. At least we gave her a good home.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well she's gone now, my mom said that she was purring even while they were giving her the injection. It's so sad. But at least she's out of her pain.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of that. But you did what was kindest for her - and I'm sure she was thankful for all the love and care you gave her.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Maleke. I won't say, "I know how you feel," because I can't really know how you feel, except I know your sad. Less then two weeks ago we had to have our fourteen year old put to sleep, so I can sympathise with what your going through. At least she doesn't have any pain anymore and is fat and sassy again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's always so hard to have to make the decision to put down an animal. (((HUGS))) You are doing the right thing though. It's seems like Xena's quality of life is no more. She will always be with you though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts