Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share some shots of our foster cat's pregnancy, delivery, and her now two-day-old kittens.

This is Scully, last Tuesday, the day I found her in a parking lot (long story, I'll post that too :)). She was, and still is, very skinny:

And here's a nice shot of her pregnant belly:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This past Wednesday morning, I awoke to more meowing than usual. Scully has a pretty high-pitched meow, but this one sounded unusual. She had her back to me in her nest, but I reached over and felt this warm, squirming, wet...thing. Yup, she had already had two babies, and I slept six feet away without even hearing it.

Scully had dug at the bedding, and baby #1 had actually been laying on the floor. We held him to warm him up:

Baby #2:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were not as lucky to see lil #4 pop out, and with his coat color, we didn't even realize there was another kitten, he blended into Scully so well.

Scully and her babies:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just editted your title. :)

Just cause some people might not have the stomach for birth pics. I'm usually fine, but just about to eat lunch - haha

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the kittens at just a couple hours old:

#3, who we had originally assumed was black, seems to be lightening into a tortoiseshell:

When Scully got up to eat, we took the kittens out of the nest to change the bedding, and got these:

And mama and her babies nursing:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kittens at One Day

#4 (nicknamed Prince John) doing what he does best: whining

And this one is my favorite (so far)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Omg, they're adorable!!! I love orange kitties!! I wish you the best of luck with them.

I keep telling myself that whatever part of New England you're in has to be far far away from Worcester, MA!

*reminds herself no more cats :) *

·
Registered
24 Posts
they are just too cute for words

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a shot of Scully nursing the babies today. Though it may be hard to see, that's #4 (aka Prince John) tucked under her chin, sound asleep. She's such a good mommy...

~M

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Bless you for taking her in - the babies are adorable and she is a wonderful mom :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts