Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
Holy crap! I thought they were cool until I saw the prices!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Yes, they are cool, but the framing probably drives up the price too. I just bought a very nice original watercolor print thinking I got a great price. I wanted to put it in an existing frame that had a hideous pic in it. Little did I know the mat would be SO expensive!! I paid almost as much for the matting ($198.00) as I did for the print - gulp. Custom framing and/or matting is VERY expensive!!

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
You're so right, Marcia! I've bought the ugliest (cheap) pictures at consignment stores/thrift shops because of the beautiful matting and frames. I toss the pictures out and put another one in.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Marcia, I just go to hobby lobby and use their cheap matting! They have it on hand, and it's only about 20 bucks when it's all said and done. The only tough part is getting the sales people to agree to do it the cheap way, and dealing with their snobby attitude after lol!

The guy at my store looked like he wanted to just walk away when I brought over a clearance frame and their store brand matting :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
No Hobby Lobby here! I needed custom cut double matting hence the big bucks! I tried to get them to recut the old matting (the color would have worked) but NOOOO! they can't do it they say. sure. It's ok, it's only money and you can't take it with you. I tell my son I'm spending his inheritance!! He fails to see the humor in that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts