Cat Forum banner

Cat breed?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ahh I aint no pet! 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all! I am a foster carer and my brothers cat just seems monstrous to me?
He was a rescue/ stray so don’t know his breed but I STRUGGLE to lift him, he’s massive, like he was a normal size kitten and at around 2 he was a normal sized cat. Then I visited recently and he is HUGE, he’s 4 years old.
He’s got beautiful HUGE emerald green eyes
Photos attached with him in reference to a normal sized coke can, 3L milk carton, my size 7 feet. He also comes up to my knee and I am 5’4
Anyone know what breed he is/ mixed with?

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Washing machine
Cat Plant Felidae Carnivore Flowerpot

Glasses Cat Eye Window Carnivore
Cloud Felidae Comfort Human body Wood

Comfort Sleeve Cat Gesture Thigh
Gesture Felidae Carnivore Plant Cat
Picture frame Comfort Textile Military camouflage Couch

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm going to guess MaineCoon plus a bit of Bengal. Goggle something like MaineCoon vs Norwegian Forest Cat and you can get some side by side photos that show things like the position of the MaineCoon's ears etc. I don't think that Bengals have the bulk of yours but the MaineCoon does. Tis a biggun... for sure! Keeping him in kibble may require a side hustle! Wow though look at the trust and sense of safety he shows. He's been raised with wisdom -- he would have been one to assert a strong opinion about who was in charge. I bet his size came as a surprise!
Head Eye Carnivore Organism Terrestrial animal
Cat Carnivore Felidae Whiskers Small to medium-sized cats

Bengals have a more specific spot pattern and tend to long and lean.
I'm hoping someone will add to the range of possibilities. What was the source -- a shelter, pet store, breeder? Self - Adoption? ( self-adoption is when a cat just steps out of nowhere and says " ehh, you! let's be buddies!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.