Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 yr old male cat has been doing the strangest thing lately. I awoke a few weeks ago to lots of clothes in the living room. Didn't know how they got there. Then every once in a while, would see a towel or shirt or something on the floor, and figured it was the kids. Anyway, he just brought in another towel just now. He just drops in on the floor, and doesn't seem to put it in a spot he likes. just randomly dropped.

I think it has something to do with our pregnant kitten. We noticed he has been very very protective of her lately. She likes to hang out on the pool porch area...and has accidents a lot anyway, so we like to keep her out there most of the time bc of that anyway, and only bring her in when we are sitting down and watching tv, or playig with them, so we can pay attention to her and not let her go in her spot on the carpet. Anyway, Boba, the boy started to meow like mad all the time at the windows and sliding doors, but wouldn't go out. We finally realized he only did it when she was out there, so we think he was asking her to come in. And he would calm down and back away from the doors if she would come in. Anyway...this all started at the same time. So think it has somethign to do with each other.

Oh cute story about him wanting to bring in Beru, just to share....Boba woke up my husband a fewnights ago by taking a single claw and tapping my husbands nail, until he woke up. He had meowed on me and walked on me, but I had shooed him away, so he moved onto my husband. But his tapping my husbands nail was just too funny. So human like, you know??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! I thought that too!! But, I have her a great one in my closet, with two kids, I need it in there to keep them away from the kitties when they come. She sleeps out side the closet, in the sun when it shines through in the morning, so I think she will work her way into the nest box. I thought about putting some snacks or cat nip in it too, to get her attention. As it is, she just crawls right out if I sit her in it! I have a few towels folded for softness, and a nice soft sheet to snuggle in, and a tshirt of mine in there too, since they btoh usually love to sit on my clothes. It is in a shallow tupperware container, so the kitties can'tget out, but she can get in easily. And, it will be easy to clean. I don't know how people can just use a box, wouldn't that be really messy?? Anyway, what I should have done when he actually brought the towel in here this morning while I was watching, was put it in the nest, and maybe he has a way of communicating to her that she should go in there???

Or if there are any other ideas about what this may be, if someone elses kitty does it a lot, let me know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts