Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I just had both my cats neutered. One of them is a 6 month old boy-kitty that has recovered fully, however, i am worried about my older woman cat, about 1 and a half years old. Although she's eating and pooping normally, she is still extremely weak and her belly seems to be collapsed into her body. Plus, when she sits down, she's all clutchy and she shakes.

It's been 4 days now, is this something unusual? Her wound healed up well and she didn't bite her stiches out, but her abdomen and clutching and shaking has me worried.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I can't speak to what you describe as a "collapsed belly", but the weakness, clutching and shaking are all signs that she's in pain. I would phone your vet to request pain medication for her and to describe what you're seeing, in order to get your vet's views as to whether there might be something else going on besides pain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you look at a cat from behind and it's had some food, she seems full. When i look at her from behind, it's like she has two gaping holes on both sides, going inwards.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Thanks. I understood what you were describing, but unfortunately, I don't know whether or not that appearance might be normal in an older spayed cat, or whether it would be a sign of something being wrong. I might suggest a quick call to your vet and/or perhaps someone will be along soon on the Forum who has dealt with a spay in an older cat. Both of my girls were very young when spayed. In the meantime, your cat is exhibiting signs of pain, so I would get the pain meds.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
At four days this does not sound like a normal recovery in a cat that age. Definitely make a vet appt. Has she slacked off on her eating? That definitely would be a sign of pain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She eats, poops and pees normally. But this was a cat that could make 6 feet jumps and now can't even jump a foot to get on the couch, she has to drag her bottom after sticking her nails in the fabric.This is the fourth day after the surgery and i don't really think it's normal, although the wound healed perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts