Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this before... should there be any concern? The cat goes to the litter box and chews on the bits of Swheat Scoop cat litter brand: It's a natural wheat litter, and toilet-flushable. It's a stray cat, but it's temporarily in my apartment at night while it's getting close to freezing outside. Looks like, it doesn't spit them out... chews and swallows.

·
Registered
992 Posts
We use the same litter and both of my girls chew on it. Actually, they'll pounce on and eat anything on the floor - dust, crumbs, litter, bits of cardboard from their scratchers..... But they're fine, so I don't worry about it. When Fergie had to be cut open after she ate 8 inches of yarn, they didn't find anything else in there, so all the stupid little things they eat must pass through without a problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The stuff is supposed to be safe and non-toxic in case cats get any in their stomachs from cleaning their paws so I think it's fine

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I use S*Wheat Scoop too, and although I haven't seen Murphy eat any of it, I think it would be fine. He's constantly chewing on little crumbs or dust bunnies on the floor, so I think they just do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts