Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cutting my cat's claw this evening and there are one on each foot which as apparently grew to long and is what appears to be going back into her foot. She does not limp around on it or act like it bothers her but the claw itself looks almost a greyish black and I think there may times which it bleeds a little. Has anyone ever had this problem and what exactly should I do. I will probably have to take her to the vet on Monday because she hates getting them clipped and just about can not do it. She is going on like 14 years old so I am afraid of what they will say as far as surgery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Robert

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't think she'll need surgery. Do they seem to be really deep into her paw? Most likely I think the vet can probably just clip them and remove them from the pads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not really say how deep they are into her paw. I am assuming where there is discoloration that they might be deep but then where she is not limping they may not be to deep at all. All the others where fine. She is not a friendly cat when it comes to touching her feet. Trust me..

Thanks for the fast response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts