Cat Forum banner

Does your indoor only cat wear a collar?

• Yes (with no form of ID tag)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes (with some form of ID tag)

• No

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I don't have anything on Cleveland (he is chipped though) I know a lot of people reckon that an indoor cat should just incase but he's have to be awful good with doors :) We live in a flat so for Cleveland to escape he's have to get out the front foor, down 2 flights of stairs and open a security door which he is terrified of for some reason (I tried to take him for a walk and he will not go near it)
And our windows don't open wide enough for him to get out plus we live in Scotland so windows tend to get opened once in a blue moon. Currently pouring down and need a warm coat to go outside.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Assumpta refuses to wear a collar. She's shredded or broken three of them, and as much as I would LIKE her to wear one, she has other plans. :roll:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Both my cats have collars with ID tags. Magic is also microchipped, Maleke is not. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I really love my babies and never want to lose them! :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Both my kitties were collars which match their softpaws - purple for Jazz and blue for Otis. Neither have IDs, but they both have bells, which sound different, so I can tell in the middle of the night which one is jumping up on me to wake me up :D Neither need them since they're both tatooed, but its become part of their identity....

·
Registered
917 Posts
i used to have collars with id on them, but i took them off. i'm not entirely sure why. both are chipped, though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I voted, but here is a message

I voted, but here is what I said: I said that my cat doesn't wear a collar. It would bug him too much and he would probably be really freaked out, and scared. He probably would get used to it, but we just don't put a collar on him. We don't let him go outdoors, but I'm sure if he went outdoors every day that we would get him a collar. :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Mine never wore collars or tags until a few weeks ago. I used to live in an upper flat. They would have had to make it through two doors to get out. Not to mention it was pretty much just me and the cats when my boy friend moved to Flordia. I watch them like hawks so I didn't worry.

When I was preparing to move I posted about collars. I feel the chance of them sneaking out is greater now. I would completely freak out if they got out. I worry ALOT. So I got all three the nylon (release) collars with ID tags. Soon my girl will be getting a rhinestone collar though. She is such a little princess :D

I was suprised that when I got the collars they didn't seem to bother them. Zack took his off like 5 times a day though. He was like a magician! We have since fixed that problem! They got their tags the other day. Lamar and Zack could have cared less. Zoee however was not thrilled at all. She spent nearly an hour batting and biting it! It was very funny to watch! She finally gave up and now she just deals with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Keeter and Spaz don't wear collars, but they're both terrified of the outdoors. Spaz got out the door once about 2 years ago, got 3 feet away, crouched down and cried until I picked her up and brought her back inside. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Addison used to have a collar, but I took it off and never put it back on. Sometimes he didn't seem to mind, other he would do nothing but fight it. I know if he ever got out he'd need the ID tag, but it seems like so much trouble to keep it on him.

I may look into getting him microchipped.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My cat

Yes, some cats are strange that way. Sometimes things don't bother them, and others they do. My cat, however once used a harness when we took him outside to see if he could go for a walk, and he just sat there after we put it on him. He wouldn't move. If he did move he would always be crouching near the ground as he walked. Poor thing! That's why we don't use a collar or leash on him anymore because he just hates those things more than I can imagine!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I said yes, but only 3 out of 4 do. Breakaways. Xander fought it hard and constantly got it hung in his mouth, so no collar for him. We try again every few months. :roll: Then again, if he ever got lost, I figure a poster saying "$100 reward: 3-legged cat missing" would probably work better than a collar...

·
Registered
53 Posts
i was surprised that isabel didnt care that she wore a collar or not. i actually think she likes it. i got a breakaway collar for her. i just bought one of those harness/leash things so i'm going try and leash train her so i can walk her around outside since i am not going to let her be an outdoor cat anymore.

i checked collar but no id. i am going to eventually get her one though. i just haven't gotten around to it. :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts