Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought Alice and my fosters collars last night. It was thoroughly entertaining to watch the fosters react to the bells, because they thought Alice was nearby. Eventually they got over it.

[pic]

I had decided last night to wait until Alice got bigger for hers, because it was much bigger than her previous one. I decided today that, if the fosters can have their new collars, Alice should too. I made holes in the collar so it would fit Alice, and put it on her.

This is when she first got it on, the bell sounded different from her first collar, so she was obviously trying to figure out what was making the sound.

Then she started going nuts with it. She glared at me, as if to say "MOM!! WHY ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES WHILE I AM FREAKED OUT!!! THIS ISN'T THE TIME!!!"

She then saw a bird flying about outside the slider door, thus she got distracted.

Then she looked at me and said, "Do I look pretty mom? Yingying said I do!" (She snuck a look on my screen while I was making my lunch.)

So how do your kitties react when they first get their collars on? Show me pictures of them with their collars! :3 I want to think I'm not the only one who makes my kitties wear them. :wink

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nutmeg tries her hardest to bite it off, sometimes it works. Sinatra just gets irritated. I made them wear them though because I'm a mean mom!!

Alice is GORGEOUS.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bertie hates his and tries to bite it off. We've finally found one with a catch he can't undo - he's figured out buckles! We don't make him wear the bell cos he freaked out so much when we tried it.
We make him wear one cos it there were so many lost cats after the earthquakes, so he has his name and my number on a tag in case he's mistakenly picked up. He's also microchipped, but I'm taking the belt and braces approach! He seems to be used to the current one now, but he still bites it and freaks out when he's grooming his chest sometimes.
Love the picture story btw! Alice is beautiful, and so cute in her collar :)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Misa doesn't really care.. When I put on the new pink dog collar, she seem to interest when I put it on. I guess she likes pink. lol

Seriously, Alice looks adorable.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can call me Amber. :3 I for one, am grateful she was wearing a collar when she got stuck behind the dryer yesterday. I had to grab her by the collar for a second to get to her scruff to pull her out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be honest, the labels were in Japanese, so I would assume cat collars. I put safety pins on the ends of it to make sure they weren't tripping over the collars. But they are so small anyway, it wouldn't have made a great difference anyway. Alice's was a kitten collar, but when she was that small, I had to make adjustments to hers as well.

·
Banned
602 Posts
I bought one for Mia yesterday. She isnt so sure about it. She will put her paws up to get it and she tries to bite it. She runs around in circles or rolls around trying to get it. Its to cute. :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
OK, back to the topic. I never collared any of my cats. The only thing I ever put on my cat's neck was a blue ribbon with a lovely, LOVELY silver bell on my ex-cat (RIP) RomRom's. It stayed there for 5 seconds. OK, point taken.

·
Registered
474 Posts
aster and cody hated the collars we got them at first, they had little bells on them and i think the bell was freaking them out. they were trying so hard to get them off. we recently got beastie bands for them, and added a boomerang tag to them (slides on, not hanging) and they don't seem to mind those at all.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Alice, no collar will ever fit you. What you need is a crown.
I would like to have a crown. haha But I'm not that girly..

Anyways.. Salma has a black and silver collar. Someone mentioned( on facebook which is my twin sister) that she will end up being a emo cat. lol

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
To be honest, the labels were in Japanese, so I would assume cat collars.
Anything that said
猫 or ねこ or maybe even ネコ on the tags or packaging? It means cat. They could be a dog collar at that size, heh. The cat collar I bought said it fits cats six pounds or more... I see a lot with six pound being the minimum, is Alice six pounds yet?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BAHAHAHAH She's just hit 3 pounds. XD

I threw the tags away already, otherwise I'd check. But I could tell the difference between the dog and cat collars. The dog ones were MUCH thicker in width. Most of the cat collars SAID cat in english on them, but I couldn't see a difference between adult cat and kitten collars. With that said, these collars will last much longer for them than the kitten collars will, and they will be able to wear them much longer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts