Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My two cats go out exploring alone. But also, very often they go out together. I know this because when I call for them they shoot out the same bush together. It's so sweet to think they spend so much time together when they're away from human company. It puts to bed the idea that cats are solitary animals when not only do they LOVE human company, but they also enjoy and are instinctively drawn to the company of other cats. (I figure this is instinctive as two cat brains are better than one when it comes to catching prey lol!)

So my question is, do your cats go out exploring together?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
My oungsters are only allowed out supervised at present but not only do they largely stay and play together my oldest female takes a high perch and watches their every move only coming down if she thinks one might be getting too brave! Having said that my other older girl ignores them as much as felinely possible!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Just an add on: several times I have mentioned Trixie who had to be PTS before I joined the forum. She was over 20 when she died but she and Princess Tramp (the one who watches the youngsters) would often co-hunt leaves. We used to refer to them as the lionesses going after prey!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts