Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my cat is a 3 year old male, and when he was born he had a neurological disorder that prevented him from being able to use his back legs. It has fixed itself with time, but he still gets nervous about jumping anywhere. My family consists of me, my mom, and my dad. We all usually spend our days in our respective work areas, which are pretty far away from each other. So recently he has stopped eating his food very often, and he'll meow constantly around the house, not stopping until someone comes out to the living room. And these are really loud meows, loud enough that none of us can get our work done until he stops. He also has started biting people, hard enough to leave a mark, for no apparent reason. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also should add that he was a rescue so we don't know what his previous circumstances were before we adopted him

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
One possibility, combining the not eating and constant meowing symptoms, could be a dental issue. But he definitely should see a vet. Poor little guy, he's overcome a lot in his life already.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Sometimes pain is a trigger for biting and not eating, so it could be a dental problem and/or some pain in his back or legs.. Have a vet check him out. He does seem to want your attention. Is there any problem to having him in the same room where you work? Put out a folded blanket like a bed on the floor near your desk, and see if that arrangement makes him happier. Spend time with him by cuddling him or grooming him if he enjoys that, or gentle play as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts