Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi cat lovers. Every few days or so, my cat has a coughing fit. It's been happening for about 7 months now. Last time it happened I recorded her. Does anyone know what could be wrong with her?

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
7 months? Have you taken her to a vet???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7 months? Have you taken her to a vet???
No because she gets freaked out at the vet. Last time we took her, they brought her into the back room. We heard her crying so loud. She was traumatized for 3 months. Now it is very hard to even get her into the car. We will take her to the vet as a last resort but are hoping that someone here might be able to shed some light on this situation. What could possibly cause this? Any ideas welcomed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My oldest boy had asthma as a kitten and still has some fits at nearly 5yr old. We took out all scented stuff, laundry detergent, litter, air fresheners, cleaners, candles, everything. Switched to pellet litter and now he'll cough if someone wears too much perfume or uses a scented something. Steroids and a kitty inhaler needed to prescribed by the vet though. This has gone on too long. Your cat needs to be looked at. It could be something like pneumonia or an impaction in her gut. Cats don't generally like to travel but that's no excuse to not get her medical care. Maybe look around for a vet that can come to your home.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts