Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is Misa's favorite toy now. She likes that better than the laser and the little balls. Although she'll play with them occasionally if she's really frisky. I migt take a video of her toda playing with it.

Francis loves this too.

So what about you guys?

Oh not related to this topic, but I bought her a harness and a leash today. I took her to the pet store first to see if she'll like it and she did. At first I thought it will be too tight but it fited her after all.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Both of my girls like Cat Dancer too. Following a tip from a good friend, I often make it climb up along walls or windows, the way a real bug would...and that really perks their interest.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Spencer and Lily LOVE the cat dancer. :) It was their first favorite toy. Their new favorite is the Cat Catcher - a wand with a mouse on the end of a wire. It's made by the company that makes Da Bird. They go CRAZY for the Cat Catcher...I'm surprised that little mouse is still intact.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@yellowdaises: I never tried the cat catcher. It looks a lot like Da bird.

@Susan: lol Muff and Abby look so sweet, but I didn't realize that they are playful..

@Sinatra-Butters: Hehe that's cool. Misa is scare of Da bird.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Our foster cats didn't care much for the cat dancer but they also didn't play very much, not the way our cats now do anyway. Wicket's favorite toy is a duck on a string--he absolutely loves it! Sometimes he drags it around the house and sleeps on it to keep the kitten from getting at it. It looks sort of like Da Bird I think.

·
Banned
952 Posts
Oh, the toy!!!! LOL!

Funny, funny.... I'm an amateur dancer (ballroom, belly and country) and when I saw the thread title I was like... "a cat dancer? I've seen snake dancing but never cat dancing... I've GOT to check this out!"

ROTFLMAO!

AC

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The cat dancer is a long wire with a few pieces of cardboard at the end. Cats seem to like to follow it and catch the cardboard. It's a very simple toy. The cat charmer is the one with the fleece type material. The one with the feathers is Da Bird or could be some other toy.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Oh, the toy!!!! LOL!

Funny, funny.... I'm an amateur dancer (ballroom, belly and country) and when I saw the thread title I was like... "a cat dancer? I've seen snake dancing but never cat dancing... I've GOT to check this out!"

ROTFLMAO!

AC
LOL! My initial thinking was along the same lines. I thought "I've heard of cat communicators and cat whisperers...but cat dancers?...what's this all about?"...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, the toy!!!! LOL!

ROTFLMAO!

AC
Haha no!! XD It's a toy. XD

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
toys like this can be home made simpley and often better, small fishings rods or the tip section of a 2 piece rod make great wands(yard sale finds or other store sales) some feathers or other bits attached to a string tied to the rod tip and off you go, (petsmart and others sell just the end toys premade) for smokey's outdoor play time I have a six foot rod with the "lure" on about a eight foot line( he can catch some big air) I have almost as much fun fishing cats as they have getting caught..

·
Banned
203 Posts
Ok, thanks everybody. After I read this post I went and ordered Dagny a Cat Dancer, a Cat Charmer, and some other cat thing I forgot what it was. He already has Da Bird and he LOVES it. He waits for me every night after diner and looks at me very expectantly waiting to play with it. We do it til I feel my arm will fall off. I don't know how long he could go on playing with it, but I can't last as long as it would be. :) I also ordered my big chocolate pile of brown love of a Labrador, Savannah a nice toy as well. I wanted to get Dagny some more interactive toys because he's now fat and he really needs the exercises and the interaction. He's home alone all day while we work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts