Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I brush my cat's fur, I see tiny white specks, almost like dandruff throughout. Is this normal and should I give her a bath? She doesn't have fleas and her fur is very shiny and soft. I brush her as often as I can as she is shedding much of her winter fur.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I first adopted Ms Too Too, (Nov.) she didn’t have flakes. When it became spring and I found this kitty treats, this third brand she would finally eat. She won’t eat people food, not even tuna, lobster etc. You’ll understand why I am including the time element and food. Half way through Summer she started pulling out fur, especially her sides. As it grew cooler she didn’t pull fur as much. The next year when weather grew warmer esp. halfway through the summer the flakes and fur pulling became unreal. It turns out, she has allergies and was also allergic to fleabites. She probably knew people food was not good for her. So no kitty treats, no outside and Frontline every 3-4 weeks during warm weather and 6-8 weeks when it cold. When the flakes returned you knew it was time for a treatment. When I got her shots the Vet talked me into a different flea treatment. Days later the flakes were huge, they thought she had parasites. Downhill slide – A new Vet, $1000 of blood tests. X-rays etc., the stress she was put and almost losing her. We started all over with what she was given to her at the shelter. Possibly part of the problem was dry skin thinking it would be beneficial to switch to Science Diet Sensitive Skin, that was sometime ago but something triggered in her system and with this recent episode it’s time to change back and just flipping leave it. The point of issue is - If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. We don’t mean to mess up we think we’re giving them the best, you just don’t know. Oh, I do brush her still but found out that combing her twice a day was very, very helpful to her, it cured the choking and having to give her something. The first time was very traumatic – FOR Me – because the fur kept coming out and out, I was ready to head for the ER. ;*)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts