Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, my name is Jill and I recently found a 6 month old kitten in the parking lot at work. He was very friendly and clean...no fleas at all...that leads me to believe he was just dumped off by someone. He is a sweet cat, but he loves my blinds.

I have opened blinds in several windows and stacked tupperware crates, boxes, and anything else I could find under them so he would have a perch to watch out the window from. But, he wants more of a challenge, so he goes for the closed blinds. Now they are broken and have slats missing.

I bought new blinds but am afraid to put them up. What can I do to deter this behavior? I am going to find the proper forum to post this question in...I just couldn't wait to get it out there. The sooner this is solved, the better.

He is a gorgous boy. He looks like a Russian Blue with extremely intensely colored amber eyes. It's a stunning look.

I wasn't looking for a cat and somehow he found me. I guess it's fate! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,372 Posts
My girls were destroying the blinds in my place several years ago. I finally pulled the blinds up too far for them to reach, and bought curtains and a thin tension rod, which will fit inside any window frame. This way they can climb onto the window sill through either end and look out, and no one can see in.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
There are many type of blinds for windows these days. For many years we've used the pleated honeycomb shades and never had a cat destroy one. They are good at insulating heat out in summer and keep warmth inside in winter. Here's a selection of shades---pleated, verticals, horizontals, etc. that would likely be suitable.

https://www.selectblindscanada.ca

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Mojo obsessively chews on anything plastic and crinkly, where Charlie (who passed recently) liked to chew on paper and anything that looked like a plant.

When I put up blinds, Charlie would chew the string off. When I put up Roman shades or honeycomb shades, Mojo would chew on them.

I eventually gave up and just put up super cheap white shades from Big Lots (the kind you give a little tug to make it go up), and then put heavy curtains in front of them. Mojo would still try to tear them up, but at least they were only like $4.

BTW, everyone told me they would outgrow that... they didn't... LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.