Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Avid reader of the forum.. but not so much the posting .. :)
Anyways.. ;My rescue boy Spirit whom I rescued summer 2016 at age seven is who the query is about..
I'm wondering if I should get a second opinion.....

Back in Oct/Nov 2016 I came home from work to find him acutely unwell.. very very lethargic..no interest in food,cuddles etc (normally very very active and a greedy boy lol )
Took him to the vet that evening and he was diagnosed with a probable chest infection.. high fever, bloods were off etc.. daily visits for about 4 days .. temp slowly came down he was given long acting antibiotic.. etc.. it was one of those repeat visits where it was noted he had a enlarged lymph gland on one side of his neck... they took a needle sample from the lump and sent it off...
Got the call within the following week that it was bad news.. a secondary cancer.. by that time Spirit had picked back up and was back to his normal self..
Decision was made between myself and vet to not to further investigations to find primary and Spirit was improving and I did not want to put what unknown time into tests and treatments.
That was back in Nov 2016 that I got that call.
Unless I told you.. you would not believe me that he has cancer.
Since that episode he has been fine.. active, healthy,playful.. normal greedy self. (no change in eating habits lol ) weight stable..
I'm just finding it hard to believe that over two years down the road still no sign of him declining in health..
Naturally I'm over the moon with this.. Love this cheeky boy to bits..
Has ANYONE had an experience like this where over 2 years post diagnosis still no obvious signs of illness?

If you have made it to the end thanks for reading and really appreciate any input..
have had numerous cats all my life but none with a cancer diagnosis that has been so well so long after diagnosis..
Kay :)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Over many years of cat ownership I haven't had a cat get cancer, but have known people who had cancer disappear. So why not with a cat? Hope Spirit continues to be back to "his normal self". :kittyball

1 - 2 of 2 Posts