Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cat that CONSTANTLY purrs. You could kick him and hed still be purring. However, my question isnt about that cat, its about another. I have a 1 year old who doesnt purr at all. It usta worry me untill I realized that he does indeed purr. However he only purrs when hes sucking and kneading my house slipper which is usually at night. That is the ONLY time he purrs. Whats wrong with him? He a very happy and loving cat, why doesnt he purr? Why does his fossil of a brother constantly purr? He wants to be just like his hero, but if so, why not mimic the other cat's behavior and purr?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Some cats just don't purr very often. Sometimes cats purr very very lightly and the only way you can really hear them is if you actually put your ear up to them.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sam and Suzy didn't purr at first, but now they purr as soon as you look at them! If they crawl up into our laps they purr like crazy for a while, and then it sort of goes silent, but I can feel the vibration, as if they are purring more quietly.

We're even thinking of renaming them from Sam and Suzy to V8 and V6, they are LOUD purrers. :D

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I had a cat who never purred or meowed, she didn't seem capable of either. Like everyone has said, they are all different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts