Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cat (bill) 3 days ago and at first he didn't seem to be drinking or eating but i free fed him for the first 2 days so i figured he just at little nibbles when i wasn't looking but the water was starting to scare me so i gave him bottled water instead of tap water and he started drinking(such a spoiled baby he is :D :lol: ) so i'm not worried about water anymore. But i feed him twice a day now once when i get up, i leave the food out for half and hour, and once just before bedtime, again i leave it there for half an hour. he doesn't seem to be eating it, it's the same food the previous owner was giving him :?. is it maybe because i just started timed meals? or could it be something else?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi
My female cat is the same way. I've had her for a while now, but it started when i opened a can of tuna. Now thats all she wants. Its my own fault, and i know now that its not good for them. Now i just open one can in the morning and if its gone when i get home from work then i will give them more.
For a few days it would just be sitting there all dried up, but after that (they got hungry and ate it). Or one of them did, because i caught Miss Teenie Mum <- my female eating a twinkie the other night!
The only thing else to do, which i tried tonight is switch the food. Or even the brand. I know my cats don't eat anything but 9Lives. And i have tried every kind. Even the real expensive stuff. She's now a fan of the tuna and egg kind( 9Lives) . and tuna and cheese. Maybe try that! Let me know! Good Luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
We're new at this (1 yr) but I always thought that you leave out food all day for cats. :?

Our kitty likes to nibble throughout the day. We leave out dry cat food and water 24/7 and give her 1/2 a small can of wet food in the evening, throwing whats left of that in the morning.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hmm Do you think that i leave too much out. I'll be honest here. I leave 3 different dry foods out, so they can choose, and i feed them can food in the morning and at night? is that too much for two cats? and obviously i leave the water all the time.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Cats are not cows; they should not be "grazing" day and night. :wink: Leaving dry food available 24/7 is the road to obesity, bladder problems, diabetes, and other serious health problems.

For more on how and what to feed, we have a lot of nutrition articles in our free library at www.littlebigcat.com.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thankz everyone for your replies! My kitties eating now, i just think it took time for him to realize that he's only getting food twice a day lol :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts