Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a cat and multiple dogs? If so what kind of dogs do you have? How do you animals get along?

Thanks
Curious George

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I haven't had multiple dogs, but our cat got along with our rottweiler just fine. Actually, Franny beat up our Rott - in a playful way. (We recently lost her to cancer, which is why i'm talking about her in the past tense). They were also both adults when the met each other and still took to one another really well. They were best friends!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I have one cat and one dog. They're still adjusting even though I've had the cat for four months now. The dog doesn't seem to mind him so much, she's just really curious and tries to smell him and tends to get a little excited, and scares him off. I think she annoys him more than anything now. He'll come in the living room and start playing with something, and the dog will run up to see what's going on and scare him away.

I think they'll live in harmony one day, but I don't see them ever being "close" to one another. I'm sure if you start them off young enough or find dogs and cats that have been brought up with other dogs and cats, they should be fine.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention, my dog is a lab mix. We think mostly lab and part chow and maybe irish setter. she has black spots on her tongue (chow) and even though she's black, her hair gets long on her ears and tail and looks reddish in the sun, and is wavy like a setter. She doesn't really like other dogs sniffing at her, but does fine when we take her to Petsmart. Just one on one with another dog gets her kind of snappy. We also used to do the whole "get the cat!!" when there was one wandering around our backyard. She was never raised to be very social, but I really wish I had known better (I was a kid, like 5th grade) so she could behave and accept other pets better than she does.

G

·
0 Posts
I started out with one cat and one dog (Rottweiler). The dog loved the cat, but the cat wasn't so fond of him.

Then we got another cat, and another dog (Boxer/APBT mix). The first cat tolerates the dog, but the second cat and the second dog play all the time.

Then we got 2 kittens. It's so sweet how gentle Brandy (Boxer mix) is with them. Theres a pic of them in Meet my kitty.

Wow....I have a zoo :oops:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have three cats and a puppy (APBT). They tolereate each other right now. The puppy definitly loves the cats more than they love him :lol: He always wants to play with them. One of the cats will play for a while with him, one will sit and swat at him and one will usually run away from the puppy. They haven't entirely adjusted yet, but I think they will be friends soon :D

We are supposed to be getting another puppy in about 5 months or so. So then I will be a multi cat and multi dog household :?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Aww I have seen the picture Amanda akn as Murried ;)
They are adorable - I was going to post some pictures in this thread about the doggies that are around my kitties (not my dogs)...I hope everybody will start a trend - as I was saying I love to see doggies and kitties together
ps doggies are my first love :D ..and then came kitties into my life and I love and understand both species just the same

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a gigantic Yellow Lab, a beagle and a rat terrier (cat terrier is more like it). The lab and beagle are outside dogs, they try to play with the cats but don't really pay attention to them most of the time. The rat terrier was left by the same friend that left the 3 kitties. So, he was raised with them and thinks he is a cat, too. It's the cutest thing, they will all be piled up together, bathing. He'll also wash his face like a cat. All the dogs are afraid of Big White Buddy and he doesn't even have front claws.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts