Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marley just turned a year old. She was eating 6 Sheba portions a day. She was hungry all the time. She would grab your leg and let you know she was hungry. Now she barely eats 3 of them a day. She is very active and plays a lot and doesn't act sick at all. She loves her temptation treats and wants them all the time. I have tried different flavors and even other brands of wet food but she doesn't seem as hungry as she did before. She is pooping and peeing normally. For those of you who know me, Mango died a year ago of cancer and I am such a worry wart due to the fact that I knew he was sick and going to die. I guess I am paranoid. She usually goes out on the lanai with us but now there are times she just stays in the house. And the last time she went to the vet to get her nails trimmed, she had lost a pound. She was 8 pounds but now she is 7 pounds. I am going to keep an eye on her but other than not wanting to eat all the time she acts fine. She is such a stinker and has such an attitude. Of course because she is a Calico. LOL Now the question..... how many of the Sheba portions should she really be eating a day?

·
Super Moderator
27,078 Posts
I think it's normal after a year for her to eat less than she did as a young kitten. Her weight is balancing out. My Calibratz weighed between 7-8 lbs after they were about a year old. In checking their weight, I always asked the vet to weigh them a couple times on the scales. If Marley really did lose an entire pound, I would think that's kind of a lot for a kitten, but if your vet wasn't worried, I think your wait and see plan is okay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts