Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 18 month old Burmese boy who is absolutely adorable, only problem is - in the last few months he has started eating holes out of my pyjamas (and also my partners pj's)!! I figure this is some kind of anxiety thing, cause he obviously wants something that smells like us, because he doesnt go near any other clothes or fabrics. He is eating big holes out of the crotch area :oops: (embarrassing!), but whats worse is that it seems he is ingesting the fabric. I have booked him in to see the vet next week to try and figure out his behaviour.

My partner and I are reasonably busy, and I know that one school of thought is that you should have two Burmeses cause they dont like being alone. Is this the solution? We have discussed the idea of getting another kitten, and we would get another Burmese cause I think they are lovely. He is a really gentle, friendly cat so I think he would be ok getting a new friend - but I just want to make sure that getting another cat won't make him more crazy!!! He is a very needy little fellow who craves constant attention so if getting him a little pal is going to make him happier then that seems the way to go. Will he take well to another kitten?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I voted for yes because i do believe 2 cats are better than one.

At the moment I only have Dylan - he's a Maine Coon. But he copes very well on his own... He loves to be around you when you're indoors but if you go out he's quite happy to do his own thing.

I'd love to get him a playmate but really our place just isn't big enough. When we move next we will definately get another cat!

Hayley x x

·
Registered
6 Posts
I say YES YES YES YES a new friend would be great i have 9 and their the best of friends and I feel so much better when I'm out that their not alone. I dont reccommend 9 cats for everyone as it is a great deal of work{worth every minute of it]BUT IF YOU HAVE 1 WHAT'S 1 MORE, BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THAT SAYING WHATS 1 MORE. I KNOW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts