Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 cats and they have both been raised as house cats the first one ozzy was a rescue who had never seen the outside of a kitchen which is where she was dragged up in squalid conditions for the first 8 months of her life and is now 2 years old and my other cat is suzie who we got last year and is just over a year old suzie nor ozzy had never shown any interest in going outside before so i decided to not push them to but would give them the option to if i was out in the back yard but last week suzie ran off and then returned last night at 4 a.m after being gone for 6 days she seems none the worse for ware except for being a bit skinny now but the thing i am concerned with is that ozzy the older cat does not seem to accept her being around anymore and hisses and growls and now seems totally pre-occupied with this "intruder" and hasn't been eating or drinking since suzie came back, could this be because she is pregnant ? as my mother keeps cats and one of hers dissappears for up to a week at a time but she has none of the reintroduction problems.
any help with this will be greatly appreciated
cheers mat mchugh

·
Registered
656 Posts
If she is not spayed odds are she is pregnant.

As far as the reintroduction...my kitten Jessy was at the vet last week to be spayed. They kept her three days as she also had a hernia that she was born with. When she came home it took a couple days for the other cats to accept her. I guess it was because she smelled differently than them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts