Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Chiquis had a pretty severe corneal ulcer when we found him (and malnutrition, fleas, worms...) It was so bad that we thought he wouldn't make it, even the vet said that we should be prepared 'cause he could at least lose his eye. But with a lotta love (and yeah, antibiotics) he got better!

He's perfect now, but his "sick" eye is now a little bit darker than the other one. Can you see it? Or am I going crazy? The vet said the ulcer left no permanent damage, and that color difference was probably there before the ulcer. But I have my doubts...

Here the evidence :)

When we brought him home, first day of ulcer treatment, poor thing!

two months after that

Have you heard of eye ulcers causing eye color changes?

Hugs :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
It does look like one eye is slightly darker than the other, although I have no relevant experience to help you understand why that might be. Still, if your vet says there has been no permanent damage, I wouldn't worry too much (or get a second opinion if you're truly concerned your current vet is mistaken). I'm glad to hear Chiquis is doing better. He's a sweet little guy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My kitty, Juice, had a corneal ulcer too. It was pretty bad and she was medicated for it for over a month. Your cat's eye looks MUCH better than hers does. She was back to the vet numerous times and this last time I was told that her ulcer has healed up completely and nicely. She has what they called scar tissue and I was told that her eye that had the ucler will be different than the other one because of that. I can barely see the pupil in her healed eye - that's how dark that eye is. Don't worry about your Chiquis - I think she is okay. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys! Sorry I didn't answer before. Yeah I think he's fine too, he seems very happy and healthy now. I'm very glad. I talked with my vet (I mean their vet...I usually go to a doctor when I'm sick...hahaha) and she checked his eye again and said that yeah, that change in color could be some sort of scar left by the ulcer. But she confirmed he's ok. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts