Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The abandoned cat I took in 1.5 weeks ago since last night his eye was mucousy and he was half closing it, I cleaned it with Vetericyn facial and applied an antibiotic eye ointment last night and this morning which looked a bit worse swollen but I know it can take some time to heal.

Has this happened to anyone before, or know if it's contagious to other cats? I'm trying to keep him separate from mine but it's hard because they are curious about each other.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Take the cat to a vet. You don't know what is going on and therefore cannot be certain your attempts to treat it at home will be helpful. What you are doing could be harmful. Additionally, only a vet can diagnose this or tell you if it is contagious or not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take the cat to a vet. You don't know what is going on and therefore cannot be certain your attempts to treat it at home will be helpful. What you are doing could be harmful. Additionally, only a vet can diagnose this or tell you if it is contagious or not.
I should’ve added I am fostering the cat through a rescue so it’s really their funds. Ive spoken to a vet but wasn’t able to lure him into the carrier for his appt

·
Registered
446 Posts
I normally am very respectful in how I handle cats. But if a cat needs to go to the vet and won't be lured, then I simply PUT the cat into the carrier and take them to the vet. You need to do this, and get to that appointment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I normally am very respectful in how I handle cats. But if a cat needs to go to the vet and won't be lured, then I simply PUT the cat into the carrier and take them to the vet. You need to do this, and get to that appointment.
I have one scheduled for tmr unfortunately it’s a bit later in the day. Was asking here if anyone happened to have a precious experience as the day feels quite long

·
Registered
446 Posts
My experience with eye infections in cats is that they can very quickly become very serious, and even result in loss of sight or of the eye itself. Not always, of course! There are mild infections as well. But this is nothing to hesitate about getting the cat to the vet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts