Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after you give your cats a nail trim do they keep falling off there cat tree.
I feel so bad for him. I keep thinking he is going to hurt himself as he tumbles from level to level trying to grab on. I know I'm not cutting to short because I only trim the very tip.
thanks

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Mine don't, but they don't need claws to climb their cat tree. Mostly, Harli goes over to her scratching post to start sharpening hers again & Lily only looks around for any treat pieces I may have dropped. (I give them treats after they get a claw trim).

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nope. My cats always jump on the cat tree, not climb. But they do fall off my shower curtain after nail trim, which is good to me, but embarrassing to them :D

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
he'll soon understand when he has his climbing spikes and when he doesn't, also how to hide them from you so you don't trim them.. emma cat will be clawing away on a scratch box, untill she sees me and then its just paws"look no claws here"

·
Registered
474 Posts
hmm mine don't. but maybe it's because i don't trim that close to the quick, just a small clip off the tip to reduce the sharpness.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm mine don't. but maybe it's because i don't trim that close to the quick, just a small clip off the tip to reduce the sharpness.
I just clip the tip also. Simba's very rambunctious when it comes to his cat trees. Mine are 72" high with multiple platforms. He will jump to the next platform and grab from the bottom and pull his way up. Or he will roll around and fall off and usually can grab with one paw and save himself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Never clipped my cat's claws. If I did how could I enjoy the acupunture happy massage I get from them? It's like they're trying to inject happiness into me!!!

We built giant scratching posts from ropes and small logs to keep their claws razor sharp. Weird thing I noticed, one of my black cats has black claws. Not totally jet black, they're still kind of translucent like my other cats, but like tinted glass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts