Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently adopted a little cat from the local shelter. I sent her to the vet 4 days later to be spade. The vet checked her out, she had blood work done, as well as a stool sample. I noticed since she came home, that she holds her right front paw up while sittng, and seems to not want to put weight on it, as well as the right leg paw. Her first few steps after sitting she seems to limp a bit, but then is alright. The clinic gave her all the vaccines she needed, the vet said said she was healthy, but just had to put on some weight. She is eating well, has good stools, although a bit on the wet side, and she does have some slight discharge from the eyes, though very minor.

Thing is, I have already spent over 250 dollars for the adoption, and I just can't afford, at least right now, to bring her back to the vet. The poor thing has been through the mill the last few weeks,and that's also another reason I don't want her to go back right away. Has anyone out there experienced anything similar? I played with her last night with a shoelace, and she was all over the place. It just doesn't make sense.

Any input greatly appreciated.

EddyR

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I wouldn't want you to take any chances if you're in doubt, but my collie dog was limping on occasion. Then I realized that he was running around all day Sunday when my son's retriever came to play with him in a big, fenced -in yard. Then the limp would be there for Mon. and Tues., perhaps and disappear. Now he's fine. I think sometimes our pets "turn their ankles" a bit, just as we do, and have to baby it for a while. I'm sure you've checked her pads for splinters or injuries.

If this continues, of course you should take her to the vet. I'm so glad you saved a little life by rescuing this little one! :) Good luck. I'm happy to welcome you to the Cat Forum!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Hmm I really dont know what exactly she is doing but Sugar kind of does the same thing when she sits sometimes, she will lift up her paw in the air but when she walks and plays she is fine. My vet said she is perfectly fine. I'm thinking its pretty normal, but then again if it seems like the cat is in pain, get them to the vet. :lol:

·
Registered
651 Posts
If your kitten had shots, perhaps they've made her sore. One of our cats reacts that way to yearly shots; acts like she gets a cold and just feels bad in her bones. But I agree I wouldn't worry if she gets along ok and if it gets better soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the great responses.

I think Kristy may have the reason (hopefully)

Madison did have part of the arm she favors shaved, so I'm assuming they gave her a shot there. Didn't think it would make the arm hurt, but it does make sense.

Will keep you all posted.

EddyR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts