Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here.

I just got a cat a few weeks ago unexpectedly. He is male, non neutered, about 4/4.5 years old. He is a little chubby, and I want him to feed him right. I know that he only eats dry food, but so far I just always kept his food bowl constantly supplied. He comes to his food like 10 times a day, but eats a little each time. So I dont know how to control the amount of food he gets. I would appreciate any advice, thank you.

facedancer

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
You can feed him like morning afternoon and dinner. If you leave dry out all the time, he will only get chubbier from it. Also, maybe you can feed him some wet food in his diet since wet food is better for a cats health and he would be getting alot of nutrients and extra water from that. Good luck :wink:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Good advice, KitKat!

For more detailed info on feeding and nutrition, I have several articles in our free library at http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?action=library

You probably want to get him neutered as soon as possible, too, unless you really enjoy the smell of tomcat pee all over your house; he is very likely to spray!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts