Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second one. Don't think he'll be doing that again. 8O8O8O8O
He was chasing a bird and PLONK SPLASH. He's ok. Now both my cats have had that wonderful experience, and how they managed to scramble out over the big ledge I don't know. 8O

Oh dear, let's just hope they've both learnt their lesson now. The river has a bit of a current too. A bit scary. I guess it's good news that cats CAN swim when they absolutely have to. Poor thing. :eek:rcat
Now, it's bathtime. That river isn't the most sanitary of places. :grin:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Oooooh, that would give me a heart attack if it was my cat! But I guess it's better than cat fell in the toliet :D Funny that when I saw my Metoo fell into toliet, I was thinking exactly the same thing: Good news that I know cats CAN get out of toliet by themselves :lol:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This is why I don't let my cats outside. We have a big artesian well, and the cover over it is VERY flimsy. The ferals walk on it all the time and haven't fallen in...yet. But the well isn't full, and the walls are so steep, they could NOT get out if they did fall in.

Plus with raccoons (the mean kind...they have been attacking my feral colony, though I've heard '***** can/will share feeding stations friendly-like), foxes, neighbor dogs, a busy street... I just don't let my kitties out without a harness & leash. And then hope they don't squirm out of the harness! LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thank goodness they are okay!!! I would have died if it was one of my cats. I remember when my kitten was smaller, I was using the restroom and felt something furry and wet. The silly girl had jumped from the bathtub to the toilet thinking the lid was closed and fell in. She's never done it again, lol!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL at cats in toilets!

This is why I don't let my cats outside. We have a big artesian well, and the cover over it is VERY flimsy. The ferals walk on it all the time and haven't fallen in...yet. But the well isn't full, and the walls are so steep, they could NOT get out if they did fall in.

Plus with raccoons (the mean kind...they have been attacking my feral colony, though I've heard '***** can/will share feeding stations friendly-like), foxes, neighbor dogs, a busy street... I just don't let my kitties out without a harness & leash. And then hope they don't squirm out of the harness! LOL
yeh, it's weird. the lady at the shelter said the cats will keep away from the river (which is at the end of the garden). And of course, they usually do.....until they are in hunting mode and a duck leads them in the wrong direction! Oh dear, cats are pretty unpredictable....so i'd make sure your cats are pretty well protected when walking over that well! LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts