Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My three cats (all 13-year-old females) fight from time to time. But, it's always the same one, Jazz, who is the aggressor.
Coco will retaliate for a bit, then roll on her back in a defensive posture, and after less than 10 seconds, it's all over.
When Jazz attacks the other one, Gemma, Gemma has none of it and gives her a good swipe which sends Jazz sprinting away to hide!

These fights only last a few seconds, but it's always Jazz who starts them. And when I stroke the other two, she always runs over and demands attention. Is she just a bit jealous/cantankerous, or is there anything I can do to stop Jazz from being so aggressive?

The daft thing is that seconds after the fight, Jazz will cuddle up to Coco/Gemma and start licking them. But I have found a few scars on Coco, and I didn't think cats really hurt each other when they fight? Hope someone can help, and thanks.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Well they can hurt each other if they want too. They dont only have those teeth and claws for hunting and attacking us with!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Some cats are just way more aggressive than others and its not something you can really change. Im sure that there will be a few scars maybe since your cats claws may come out from time to time. As long as its not anything serious I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts