Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly has started eating between 7-8 sachets a day, and the reccomendation on the packet is 4-5. She'll eat everything from each one, then about 45 minutes come meowing to me until I do her some more food again. Is it normal for her to be eating so much, or is she just greedy (lol)?

She's a calico tortie and 21 months old.

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you cat is not over weight from all this eating then there is 3 things to consider.

1.) Is there a medical condition possibly causing this, check with your vet.
2.) Is this food really the best quality for her, perhaps a change of diet to a better brand will be more filling and nutritious for her and she will need to eat less.
3.) Some cats will always cry for food, they may not be starving, some are just little piglets and be careful that you are not over feeding her. If she is on the fat side, then you need to consider more controlled feeding, a diet change, and possibly even exercise.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cats used to be piggies like that when they were little b/c I would feed them in intervals but since your cat is a bit older, what kind of food are you feeding her? Like said above, I heard lesser quality food will do that for cats where they keep eating more to fill themselves up. Hopefully it is a higher grade food not only b/c its healthier for the feline but also they will eat less of it usually. Good Luck :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts