Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure where to post this....so Mods move it if you like!

Cats shed! Duh! Someone about 3 months ago recommended to me to buy a rubber curry comb...I brush Bosco once a week with it!
AMAZING! Better that any cat comb or brush you will find anywhere!

Seriously, try it...I bought it at a farm store and it was under $2.00!
I think every cat owner should have one!
I am not sure how it would work on long hair cats....but for less than
$2.00, I would try!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry...for thsoe of you who do not know what a curry comb is....

They are used to brush horses, they come in plastic and rubber!
Gotta get the rubber one! :D

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Does this untangle the hair too or just gets all the dead hairs and massages them? I will probably still try it. :wink:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is more like a dead hair magnet and massage!
Bosco is a short hair cat....he LOVES this....he literally
comes running when he sees me with it in my hand!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Isn't it similar with the love glove? If it is I have one and it does work very good on short haired Frosty. When I have to comb Bart or Cheerio - the little brush with twirly teeth works best for them - they are long-haired kitties.
This is also what Dr. Jean recommended
fine-toothed comb for shorthairs or one of those "twirly-teeth" combs for long-hairs.
I use the love- glove at least twice a week but also the little brush with Frosty - he despises brushing altogether and Cheerio as well. Bart is the only one fond of it
Every now and then I take a cloth and wet it in warm water, wring it really well and wipe them off - that helps some. I usually do this when Frosty runs over something while playing with the dogs and gets a witty bitty dirty :wink:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will repost a pic of the curry comb as soon at my image host is back up.
Apparently that post was lost. :(

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
ioana said:
When I have to comb Bart or Cheerio - the little brush with twirly teeth works best for them - they are long-haired kitties.
Are you talking about the little comb looking deal with twirly teeth? If so that is the only thing I can use on Twinkie that actually works... :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the curry comb again! :D

What is the 'twirly comb'??? I have heard the mentioned a couple times now....can anyone post a pic or send a link?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
When I was looking for something to groom Bart and Cheerio with I kept in mind the comb with twirly teeth ...which I couldn't find; I have found a brush with the same feature instead. They have it at Petsmart - though I didn't see it on their online site. I will try to take a picture of it ( I am not good with the digital camera :? )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts