Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 7 month old kittens. One of them has been visiting one of my neighbours a lot recently. I think she originally encouraged the visits by giving my kitten food and attention.
I have asked my neighbour to stop giving attention, which she has done, but my kitten is still visiting her.

I know she leaves food out for her own cat - which encourages my kitten to go round.

I don't know what to do now.

How can I stop my kitten visiting my neighbour?

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks you,
Lindsay

·
Registered
209 Posts
you could try keeping your cats inside for a while. there's a lot of dangers lurking outside anyhow!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Kittens are so curious and food will definitely attract them. It's too bad that your neighbor even started doing this. I would advise anyone not to feed other cats cause you'll just attract them. I would agree with keeping your kitten inside for a while. I'm not sure, but hopefully in time your kitten will forget about the food. Also remember that cats will go to the food that taste better.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
That's the thing. If she leaves food out for her own cat, then she is not intentionally trying to feed your cat and you can't do much about it except keep your cats inside where it's safest anyway.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Why do your cats have to go outside? There are MANY good reasons not to.

1. Traffic
2. Other animals that could injure your cat, eat your cat, or transfer a disease
3. Poisonous plants, car fluids, etc.
4. All the horrible things your cat might eat without your supervision
5. Cat haters, or children who don't know how to treat animals
6. People who catch cats to sell for scientific research
7. The average lifespan of an outdoor cat is 3-5 years, an indoor/outdoor cat is 5-12 years, and an indoor cat is 12-20 years. (approximately -- the main point is that indoor cats live much longer, safer lives than outdoor cats).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts