Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But luckily didn't get far.

So I worked from 9 to 1 today and left the house after putting Ariel up. My parents have taken to letting him out as soon as they get home (which makes me look like the bad guy :lol: ), and so that is what my dad did when he got home at 12.

And he promptly opened up the window to our screened in porch and crashed on the couch. The window has no screening, and the screened in porch as a number of weak spots. One of which had the shape of being squeezed through by a cat roughly Ariel's size when I got home.

Guess who nearly had a heart attack when they couldn't find their kitty when they got home? ME!

Luckily after running outside I found him chomping on grass by a bush on the side of the house. I softly approached him, then grabbed him up and brought him back inside.

He managed to lose his collar and name tag. YAAAAAY another 20 bucks I need to buy. :? Though really, I am just grateful that he didn't go too far, and that I found him. Talk about a horrible moment!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Is your dad still alive? ;-)

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
No offense but why do you let a cat new to the area out at all.
I realize not everyone believes in the indoors only life for a cat.
Some people believe kitty needs to have adventures to lead a good life.
A member here just posted recently that her cat got run over by a car, adventure over for that kitty.
Almost all the bad things that can happen to a cat happen outside.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Straysmommy - Yep! I might have killed him if Ariel was gone for good, but he learned his lesson about leaving the window open.

Cooncatbob- The whole point of this post is that the cat got outside, which he isn't supposed to do. When I say 'put up' and 'LET out', I mean from his room, not the house. ;)

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Straysmommy - Yep! I might have killed him if Ariel was gone for good, but he learned his lesson about leaving the window open.

Cooncatbob- The whole point of this post is that the cat got outside, which he isn't supposed to do. When I say 'put up' and 'LET out', I mean from his room, not the house. ;)
Sorry,the way I read it I though Kitty was allowed outside.
What can I say, I'm a firm believer in keeping my cats safe.
When I grew up in the early 60s we never fixed out cats and we didn't even have litter boxes, it was a different world, our cats roamed free and never reached old age.
They got run over, poisoned or just disappeared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts