Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so there's no bad side effects for the cat to eat it? i just recently brought one home for my cat and he absolutely loves it. he does have food allergies though....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I would be surprised if he turned out to be allergic to cat grass. The only side effect I know of are hairballs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, he has been eating it for a couple days and no puke yet. in any case, i don't mind the mess, i have a dog...i'm used to it. :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
drjean said:
The only bad side-effect is the problem of cleaning up a pile of green puke when the cat hacks it back up!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean
I'm sorry, but that just made me laugh my butt off. :lol: I know it's not funny, but Dr. Jean...noone can blame your for not being straight, to the point, and no sugar coating on top. :wink:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Can it cause FUS

A friend of mine has strictly indoor cats and a couple of them love to eat the grass. However, one of the cats is prone to FUS. Her vet told her the grass was bringing on the infection. I've never, ever heard this. Has anyone out there heard of this? The poor woman is in agony not being able to give her baby the grass she loves so much.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Plant products raise the urine pH; and on the green product Barley Cat it does say not to use it for cats with urinary problems. However, a little cat grass is not going to bring on an episode; there are many factors that contribute.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'll be darn

I guess my friend's vet, knowing about grass raising the PH, thought maybe that was it bringing the episode on. I think it's the food she was feeding the cat, a Purina ONE product. Now the vet has the cat on CD and I'm trying to find out if Innova or one of the other "premium" foods would be better for the cat with this condition. Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on to her.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Beautiful cats

Your cats are beautiful. One day I'm going to take the time to learn how to post photo's and post some of my babies!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts